Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Orphan Adoption Update

This last spring, I participated in Quilting is More Fun Than Housework's Orphan Adoption event. It's reallya clever idea. Cynthia announces the adoption timeline and rules on her blog. Then, anyone with unfinished projects that they are no longer motivated to complete can link to Cynthia's blog showing their UFOs.

I participated as an adopter on behalf of my church quilt group. We make quilts for a local Family Emergency Shelter. It's the only shelter in our metro that takes families. Within 30 days at the shleter, they are established in a steady living arrangement. Here's where we come in...At that time, each family member gets to choose a quilt for their new home. How great is that! We are constantly in need of supplies for our quilts and was thrilled when I won a stack of 50 kids sports squares from Libby at Life on the Hill blog. Such a win-win for all involved.

The quilt top is now complete. Mary in our group volunteered to put this twin size quilt top together. I love the way she offset the placement of the squares.


I haven't had the best success at linking my blogs but I'll try to link Orphan Adoption Update Orphan Adoption Update to Cynthia and Libby. Thank you both. Some little boy will surely snatch up this quilt.


Sherry 

No comments:

Post a Comment